White Gold and Diamond Pendant Lost in Sand .. Malibu, CA. .. Found
Marie had been surfing at the beach near Malibu Lagoon State Park. She had left her white gold diamond pendant on the beach with her friend. After surfing, she came back to the blanket where her friend was sitting to retrieve the pendant. As she was putting the necklace on, it slipped from her hand and the pendant dropped into the sand.
After a couple hours of searching with no success they got on their smart phones, locating me on TheRingFinders.com. Malibu lagoon is a State Park about two miles from Malibu Pier. It’s a beautiful beach. It took me about an hour till I could meet Marie at the parking lot. Then it was about a quarter mile walk to the location on the beach.
They had staked out the area well. It looked like it would be an easy search, but it took a bit longer than I thought. The pendant had many small diamonds and not much white gold. It came in with a sound similar to a small piece of tin foil. (14k White gold is 58% gold and the other 42% is different metals?). I have run into this same type situation with small white gold women’s bands that have many diamonds. They aren’t impossible to find but it’s nice to know that they don’t always give you a solid signal.
We had a lot of people on the beach, so everybody celebrated when the pendant was found. It was a pleasure to meet Marie and her friends and to retrieve her diamond pendant.