precious jewelry in the rifle river.

from Baldwin (Michigan, United States)
Contact: 1-616-262-5149

Hi all.     On Aug 18th i received a call and email from Amanda.    A young lady in distress.  Seems she was tube floating with her family, friends and love of her life.    Not far into the float her engagement ring slipped from her finger and sank to the bottom of the river.   In a panic she screamed for all to stop.  They all searched for the ring to no avail.   As i was told this ring,  both engagement and wedding together was kept in a box for 50 yrs. waiting for the day Amanda would here the proposal that would change her life forever.    The next day i drove the 2 hrs. to Sterling mi. and met with Amanda.  for 5 hrs. i search for the ring in about 75 yds. of river.  All this time Amanda walked the the river rocks and gravel in a pair of socks.   This ring meant so much to her that she indured the pain to support me in my efforts.  No luck that day and i feared it was in the very deep hole on the bend we were searching.  Do to storms and heavy rain i had to wait two days to return.   With help of a friend we started back down the river.   In 2 hrs. we finally found the ring on the top edge of the deep hole.   I was so excited you would have thought it was my ring recovered.  I think the real treasure here is Amanda and i believe all who know her feel the same.   Another thumbs up for Ring Finders and another very happy young lady.            Chuck  TRF

7 Replies to “precious jewelry in the rifle river.”

1. Dave Millman says:

Nice find. Great persistence!

2. Amanda Herron says:

Chuck,

I cant thank you enough.
    This man is such an angel. I truly thought I would never see my ring again. Chuck told me not to give up, until he himself gave up, and he wasn’t giving up so easily. I was losing hope that this world has gone cold and he changed my mind with his selfless act of kindness. Chuck treated me like family, and I am forever grateful. That ring is so important to me. My future mother in-law gave it to my now fiance to give to me back in April. It was her mothers who had been killed when she was a preteen in a car accident. Her father had their wedding band welded to the actual ring so that her mother could keep track of both easier. Making it that much more special to me. I know that he could see how hurt I was, and he became determined to help me locate it. 5 long days it sat at the bottom of Rifle River. Now its back on my finger where it belongs.

3. Stephanie says:

Amanda had been keeping us updated on a wedding planning group on Facebook. We could all, as engaged women, feel her pain of losing not only her ring but it being a cherished family heirloom. She was so excited when you found her ring & posted in excitement. I was genuinely shocked you were able to find it and you could literally feel the happiness coming through in her message. Well done!!

4. Cayce says:

I also followed this story in a wedding group on Facebook and I was so heartbroken and anxious for Amanda. I was SO thrilled to see the update that it had been located and even happier to know that there are people who care about things that can never be truly replaced. Such an impressive thing that you guys do, amazing job!!

5. Kara Elizabeth says:

What an amazing man and blessing you are!!! I got goosebumps when I read this story, proof that miracles happen and Chuck is a miracle worker!

6. Linda deSenglau says:

I am Amanda’s Grandma. Chuck, I just want to tell you how amazing you and your friend are. You took time out of your day and away from your family to help someone you didn’t know. This is so much more than just an engagement ring to Amanda and Robbie. It was part of his heart. Passed down to him to give to the woman of his dreams. Our Amanda was the happiest girl on earth when Robbie presented it to her back in April. When she thought it was lost to her she was devastated. So many prayers were said that day and so many tears were shed. You and you friend did what none of her family and friends could do. You return the ring to be placed back on her finger. The tears this time were of joy and it’s all because of you. Thank You so much for making my granddaughter smile again. You are definitely an Angel sent to help her. ❤️

7. Yvette Harrington says:

I will be forever grateful to you for finding Amanda’s ring, you see that ring is so very special not only to Amanda but also to me. That ring was my precious mother’s wedding ring and it makes my heart so happy to know that it’s back on Amanda’s finger. For Robbie & Amanda to go to such lengths to make sure the ring was found is unbelievabley amazing, I now know that they really do know how precious that ring is! I thank you so much for all your time and effort, it will always be greatly appreciated!